Isn’t that how those lyrics go? Well, maybe not, but it’s the tune I’m singing these days because it’s oh so true when it comes to selling your home. Home staging is about making your space appear bigger, brighter, cleaner, warmer, and more importantly, making the home buyer want to purchase it.
Here are 7 simple ways you can make your home more attractive and inviting, increase the value, and get the home sold faster for a higher price.
- Paint – Dark, dreary colors and bright, funky colors need to disappear and your walls repainted in a nice neutral tone that will make the rooms look larger, brighter, and more appealing.
- Floor Space –Remove extra furnishings to open up the floor space and give the illusion of being larger. Little things such as removing a bulky headboard and footboard of a bed can achieve this feat. Rearranging the furniture is another effective technique.
- Kitchens – There’s nothing as disappointing as a dated kitchen. Painting cabinets, changing hardware, adding a backsplash, and/or replacing the countertops are all great options to avoid that dissatisfaction.
- Carpets – The vast majority of buyers in today’s market do not want carpets in their homes. You may get away with it in bedrooms, but I would recommend replacing them elsewhere. There are so many options to choose from these days and the cost is reasonable.
- Lighting – Not only is it key to have proper lighting in a home to make it bright and inviting, but it’s also important to have fixtures that are up-to-date and stylish. Again, this can be achieved fairly reasonably.
- Dress rooms for the intended purpose – If you have a bedroom that you are using as an office/workout space, I suggest that you remove the office/gym equipment and turn it back into a bedroom.
- Accessorizing – Adding color and interest through accessories or artwork is a cheap and quick solution to a dull, boring space. Simple little things like decorative pillows/cushions on a bed, plants, and/or a picture on the wall can make a huge difference to a room.
As a professional home stager, I know what to look for and how to address issues that may cause a potential buyer to walk away without making an offer on your home. During a consultation, I can advise you on the steps to take to effectively prepare your space and then return when you have completed these tasks for the final staging/showcasing to make your home stand out from the competition on MLS.
Contact me today to get started. The spring market is quickly approaching and you need to be prepared.
I can also assist you with interior decorating, design work for renos/updates, decluttering, organizing, and color consultations. Let me help you create the space you have always wanted, whether it’s one room or the whole house. You deserve to have that perfect place where you can come home to relax and enjoy.